Friday, April 27, 2012

DIY: Rhinestone Friendship Bracelet

I recently rediscovered the friendship bracelets I used to make in grade school thanks to some excellent tutorials at Honestly WTF.  I can remember sitting on the driveway with my friends, each with a box full of colored floss and knotting a way all afternoon.  At the time it was a MAJOR occupation and social gathering for us (kind of like a knitting club for preteens) while we discussed which member of Hanson we liked the best and who could do the best cartwheel (not I, I confess).  It's no wonder then that the moment I put the threads in my hands I was weaving away like it was only yesterday.

To make the chevron pattern instructions a bit clearer I made a little illustration for you here.  


Here is the tutorial to add the rhinestone chain.  

Happy Knotting!


(Photos and Illustration Property of Hot Cocoa & Warm Cookies)






2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post.Thanks For share this post with us. The bracelet is one in every of the foremost in style articles of jewellery for each men and ladies. although primitive examples are uncovered, the Friendship Bracelet became a real fashion accent in Ancient Egypt. Worn by each kings and commoners alike, early bracelets were product of natural

    ReplyDelete