Monday, April 30, 2012

DIY: Knotted Wrap Bracelet

DIY bracelets seem to be all over the place right now and boy am I glad to get back into my beads.  Long ago I used to make hemp bracelets and necklaces by the ton and pass them out to all my friends but after years of growing up and cookie making, I got out of the habit (plus my style has thankfully evolved a bit from birkenstocks and peasant blouses.)  These days I have noticed that my fun handmade jewelery collection has gravely depleated so all the more reason to pick it up again.  

Here is a really simple knotted wrap bracelet made with just a bunch of seed beads, some embroidery floss and a needle.  Tight close knots are key so take your time! 


After the threads are complete (I made two long ones enough to wrap each around twice) I knotted them together and added a large bead to one end and made a looped knot at the other.



 Check out the rhinestone friendship bracelet you see above here.

Happy Knotting!

No comments:

Post a Comment