Sunday, March 11, 2012

Grey days and prepping ingredients...

This weekend has been amazing so far.  The past few weeks we have been busy with family visits and next week we have some more! Spring seems to be the season for visits to Paris, which is great because we really miss those familiar faces the rest of the year. We have finely had a chance to take a break and catch up on life's usual obligations like cleaning and laundry but also so pleasures like great food and movies!





Another grey day in Paris as usual so I woke up early to attack some baking projects and get a head start for the week.  The more I cook/bake the more I realize how essential it is to prepare my ingredients a head of time.  It's amazing how just a bit of measuring and setting aside can make baking so much faster!  Since my main recipe is cookies, I usually measure and cut the butter first and while it begins to soften I measure out the rest.  By the time the butter is soft I just throw everything in the mixer and the work is pretty much done.  I have to say though, that cooking is a whole other animal.  Usually I just throw as I go, but that's have the fun!  Happy Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment