Monday, April 2, 2012

Recipe Blueprint: Pesto Pastry Sticks

I'm getting very excited to see some old friends this week.  They will be my first friends from back home to visit since I've been living here in Paris so I thought I would prepare some nice tidbits to accompany our going-to-be-excessive wine drinking.  I made these Pesto Sticks ahead of time and froze them to cut back on last minute work and honestly, making this blueprint was way more labor intensive then the actual recipe.  Here it goes...


Ingredients:

1 package puff pastry
1 jar pesto
some extra garlic and parmesan if you like
1 egg yolk

Preheat the oven to 350°F/170°C.

1. Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface.
2. Cut the dough in half.
3. Spread the pesto mix onto one half.
4. Sandwich the two pieces together.
5. Roll lightly together to seal.
6. Cut into strips.
7. Twist the strips twice.
8. Press each end down onto the baking sheet so they won't budge.

Brush with egg yolk and bake until golden, about 10 mins. 

NOTE: I froze mine on a baking sheet and then put them in a airtight box so I can bake them just before serving.




No comments:

Post a Comment